It takes three things to make this work.
- Compatible version of Outlook: Outlook 2003 or 2007 on Win XP (32-bit only) and Vista.
- Gmail account: You should already have this, since it's required for the Droid.
- Google Calendar Sync application: The Google Calendar Sync program will sync your calendar and contacts between your Outlook account and your Gmail account -- your Droid can interact with your Gmail account. Download this from Google onto your computer that's running Outlook.
- Accept the Terms of Service.
- Enter your Gmail account credentials (username and password)
- Select the sync option you want.
- 2-way: Sync from Outlook to Google/Gmail and Google/Gmail to Outlook.
- 1-way: Sync from Outlook to Google/Gmail.
- 1-way: Sync from Google/Gmail to Outlook.
- Select the sync frequency: minimum time frame is 10 minutes.
Notes and Tips.
- Google Calendar Sync should start every time you start your computer -- running in your Taskbar. If not, put an application shortcut in your Startup folder.
- Only pop-up reminders will be synced. Google/Gmail Calendar SMS and email reminders will not sync.
- Only your primary Google/Gmail Calendar and default Outlook Calendar will sync.
- All Calendar events are synced. There is no way to configure a specific time-frame.