- Installed hardware
- Installed software and version number
- Windows Updates, and indicate if any are missing
- Checks for virus protection and last scan
- Software keys
- Software usage (frequency)
- User accounts and last login
I recently used it before rebuilding my Dad's computer. In addition to being certain to have his software license keys, I was able to also view what programs he hadn't used in sometime -- therefore I didn't reinstall them.
Considering adding more RAM to your PC? Instead of taking the cover off to do a visual inspection, use Belarc Advisor to identify how much RAM you currently have installed and what SIMM slots are used/free.
Checkout Belarc Advisor yourself and keep it in your toolkit for those times when you're doing maintenance on your machine or a friend or family members' computer.