Here are the steps I used:
- I downloaded and installed the LinkedIn Toolbar for Outlook. With the toolbar app, I was able to add Contacts from LinkedIn into my Outlook Contacts -- the master list.
- Then I used TeamScope's Contact Scrubber for Outlook to merge any duplicates that Outlook hadn't already picked up.
- Next with the help of My Digital Life blog, I exported my Gmail Contacts and imported them into Outlook.
- Again I used Contact Scrubber for Outlook to merge duplicates.
- Then with the help of My Digital Life again, I exported my Outlook Contacts and imported them into Gmail.
- Contact Scrubber for Outlook is a Trial that works with 1000 contacts or less. I also had to try twice before getting it to install on my XP computer.
- My iPhone keeps sync'd with Outlook, so I had no additional work for my phone.
- Over time Outlook and Gmail will accumulate differing new Contacts, but a repeat of the process will bring them back in sync. (With the new LinkedIn Toolbar, those Contacts will keep in sync with Outlook.)