To add a new Profile, follow these simple steps:
- Open Control Panel
- Click Mail
- Click the Show Profiles button
- Click the Add button
- Provide a Profile Name
- Complete the Account Setup Wizard
Once you have more than one Profile, you can force Outlook to open to a specific Profile by configuring Shortcuts for each.
- Create a copy of your existing Outlook Shortcut
- Right-click the new Shortcut and select Properties
- On the Shortcut tab, go to the Target text box
- At the end of the line (after the ending quote), add the following on the same line:
- "Profile name"
Note: the Profile name only requires quotes if there are spaces within the name.
- The completed line will look similar to this: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE" /profile "My New Profile"
- Go to the General tab and change the Shortcut name if desired